Goetz Schwandtner's Java MIDlets (J2ME)
A small Minesweeper clone which offers a big playing
field. Developed for the Siemens S55, but should work on most devices.
From version 0.7.6 on platform changed to Sony Ericsson K700i, but it seems to work on S55 smoothly as well.
This program is free software and intended to be a quick and very dirty
implementation of the famous game for the J2ME platform.
Intended features were
- low resource usage, ie small file size and quick execution
- highly configurable playing field, including different a scaling
feature allowing very big fields on small screens
- lazy gaming using a half-automatic mine searcher findig all non-ambiguous mines -- good for big fields ;)
Just in case you wonder about the name: I got the idea for this name when
a koala was the background wallpaper of my S55 mobile phone. There is no koala
hidden anywhere in the program. :-)
Some emulator-Screenshots can be found here.
- Version 1.1 (2006-11-15): JAR (8kByte), JAD
- KoalaMines is now open source. Source-Code: JAVA. All rights reserved. KoalaMines ©
2003-2006 Goetz Schwandtner
- Result screen with display of time needed. New version number scheme
- Change of web address to e-mail address
- Changed softkey in game won/lost mode
- Changed some menu entries to "Command.BACK" to enable the use of the
S/// "Back" key, e.g. for quiting the program.
- KoalaMines is now open source.
- Hopefully circumvented screen redraw bug of K700i.
- Major rewrite: Scalable playing field
- Changed painting during moves, now also diagonal joystick moves should work well. Changed status entry in Menu
(Mine count / win / lose).
- Recompiled with SE Toolkit: Smaller JAR file, SE compatibility (Tested on K700i)
- Bugfix: (redraw when all mines are found); Added: Display of Number of mines left to find
- faster gameplay
As usual, I will take no responsibilities for problems connected with the use of my programs. For me, they have been working fine, but that does not mean that there could not be problems, bugs etc.